Medford, Mass.-- Newbury College proved too strong for the Lynx, dealing the home squad a 76-49 conference loss, their second of the season and fifth overall. With the win Newbury improves to 1-1 in the NECC and 3-2 overall, while Lesley remains winless.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley came out strong in the first quarter with senior Sarah Tobin sinking the first shot of the night from beyond the arc giving the Lynx a 3-0 lead.
- The squad's battled back and forth exchanging the lead before Lesley went up 10-6 after back to back free throws from Dakota Jones.
- Jaymesha Sanders scored back to back buckets for the Nighthawks giving them 13-12 lead and sealed the 15-12 lead going into the second quarter.
- Jada Gee and Tylar Barbato sunk two layups to spark a 16-3 run in the middle of the second frame and a dominant quarter outscoring Lesley 30-12 to take a 45-24 lead into half time.
- Newbury had another strong third quarter ending on a 13-2 run in the final four minutes and limited Lesley to just 9 third quarter points.
- Despite Lesley holding a 16-10 scoring advantage in the final ten minutes, the Nighthawks strong middle frames were enough to earn their first conference victory with a 76-49 win.
- Sanders recorded a double-double for Newbury, with 14 points and 12 rebounds, while Savannah Olsen also had 14 points. Gee grabbed 10 boards, including 4 offensive.
- Jones added another double-double to her season stat line with 12 points and 14 rebounds. Karyn McEvoy added 12 points in the loss.
Lesley hosts Rivier College on Thursday evening with a tip off at 8pm.