Franklin, Mass.-- The Dean College Bulldogs powered past Lesley in the first quarter to claim the NECC Conference victory with a final score of 86-48 Saturday afternoon at Pieri Gymnasium. The Lynx remain winless in the young season (0-6, 0-3 NECC), while the Bulldogs imrpove to 3-5 overall and 2-2 in conference play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Dean proved too strong for the Lynx after jumping out to a 24-5 advantage courtesy of a 13-0 run in the opening quarter. Dakota Jones and Abby Henderson teammed up for the only points scored from the visiting Lynx side, as the Bulldogs took a 30-7 lead going into the second quarter.
- Despite a much more competitive battle in the second and the Lesley defense only allowing 14 second quarter points, the 23-point advantage was enough to take a 44-18 lead going into half time.
- Dean's bulge reached 31 on two occasions in the third period, and peaked at 41 in the final quarter for the 86-48 victory.
- Jones recorded her sixth double-double in as many games leading the Lynx offense with 15 points and 7 offensive rebounds, and pounding the boards with a game high 8 defensive rebounds. Abby Henderson was the next Lynx scored with 11 points and 8 total rebounds. New comber Kacey Johson chipped in 9 points off the bench in the loss.
- The Bulldogs were lead by two doube digit scoring numbers in Makayla Ruddler with a game high 22 points, and Iindia Pina close behind with 20 points. Stephanie Conrad chipped in 9 points off the bench in the win.
- Overall, the Bulldogs shot 44 percent from the field and did a considerable amount of damage in the paint where they outscored Lesley, 54-26. The Lynx did hold a 47-42 edge on the glass, but Dean turned their 33 turnovers into an eye-popping 48 points.
Lesley travels to Green Mountain State on Tuesday December 4th for a non conference match.