Medford,Mass.- Lesley University women's basketball fell to Elms College, 77-40 in an NECC conference game Saturday afternoon at Medford Gymnasium. The Blazers started off with a dominant first quarter and held on from then, earning their sixth victory of the season, and second conference win. Elms move to 6-5 overall, 2-2 in conference play, while the Lynx fall to 0-10 on season and 0-4 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The contest opened with a back and forth evenly contested game. Lesley's Dakota Jones hit a layup at 5:00 to tie the game 6-6.
- The Blazers later went on a 12-2 run to close the 1st quarter at 18-8 in favor of the visitors.
- An Angelica Peguero-Flores layup sparked an 11-0 run to close out the second quarter for Elms. After the Blazers run, the score was 39-15 in favor of the visitors at half.
- Lesley responded in a closely contested 3rd quarter, although being outscored 15-13 in the frame.
- However, the Blazers held firm on their lead expanding to as many as a 42 point gap in the fourth. Elms walked away with 77-40 victory over the Lynx.
- Dakota Jones tied a season high of 23 points in the contest, while also grabbing 17 rebounds for her 10th consecutive double-double on the season.
- Angelica Peguero-Flores led the way for the Blazers with 18 points in the game, 10 of those points came in the first quarter.
- Molly Moulton and Niah Pantry added double digit scoring nights for the Blazers, each player adding 10 points.
- The Elms bench proved their depth adding 54 points to the total, opposed to the Lynx 0.
The Lynx (0-10,0-4) will next play Southern Vermont College in a conference home game on Monday, January 7 at 8 PM. Elms (6-5,2-2) will travel to Mitchell College on Tuesday, January 8 at 6 PM.