Medford, Mass.—The Lesley University women's basketball team earned their first win on the season in an offensive explosion over Bay Path University, 86-18. The victory gave the Lynx their first NECC conference win and improve to 1-13 overall and 1-7 in conference play. The loss gives the Wildcats a 1-11 overall record, while still chasing their first conference win.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Bay Path put the first points on the board off a Samantha Drapinski jump shot in their first possession. Back to back three pointers from Karyn McEvoy and Theresa Pereira gave the Lynx a quick 6-2 lead.
- Pereira sparked a 17-0 run at 6:05 sinking her first of three treys in the offensive surge to close out the first quarter 27-6.
- Lesley tacked on 17 more points in the second quarter and limited the Wildcats to scoring just eight points to close out the half with a 44-14 lead and never let the Wildcats back in the game.
- The Lynx would go on to outscore the visitors 44-4 in the second half to earn their first victory on the season.
- Four Lynx starters registered double-digit scoring nights, and every player recorded a basket on the night. Pereira led the way with a double-double with 29 points (6, 3-pointers) and 11 rebounds, and also added 5 steals.
- Dakota Jones extended her double-double streak with 24 points and 20 rebounds, and had 5 steals on defense. McEvoy added 15 points and dished 5 assists, while freshman Kacey Johnson added 12 points.
- Lesley pounded the boards grabbing 55 rebounds to the Wildcats 23. Bay Path shot 66.7% from the free line while the Lynx shot 62.3%.
Lesley continues its conference slate on Thursday January 17th at NECC newcomber, New England College.