HENNIKER, N.H. - The Lesley University women's basketball team fell to NECC newcomer, New England College Thursday evening, 82-46. The loss drops the Lynx to 1-14 overall and 1-4 in NECC play, while the Pilgrims improve to 8-7 and 7-2 in conference play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- New England College came out of the gate with a 8-0 run before Lesley got on the board, five minutes into the contest. Both teams would trade baskets until the end of the quarter, as the Pilgrims led 16-8 after one.
- The alternating scores would carry over into the second period before NEC scored five straight points, bringing the lead up to 11 (23-12) halfway through the second quarter. With two minutes remaining before halftime, the Lynx went on a 6-2 run to close out the half, trailing by only six.
- The third was dominated by the Pilgrims, as they outscored their opposition 28-9 in the frame, including a 22-2 run for the first eight minutes of the quarter. New England College pulled away in the fourth quarter as they increased the final margin of 36 points.
- Dakota Jones scored more than half of the Lynx points on the night with 25 points and was just one rebound shy of a double-double with 9 rebounds, in the loss.
- The Pilgrims were led by Rene Hudson who was one of four with double-digit points, leading the charge with 18.
- The depth on the home side showed their strength netting 45 points off the bench compared to Lesley's four. The Lynx shot an uncharacteristic 10% from three point range (1-10), while the Pilgrims sunk 8-19 good for 42.1%.
- The Lynx drew their way to the foul line 32 times shooting 59.4%, while the Pilgrims shot 44.4% (8-18).
Lesley next hosts Becker College for another NECC match up on Saturday, January 15th with a tip off of 3:30pm