Medford, Mass. – Lesley University Women's Basketball team dropped a New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) matchup to Becker College, 72-58. With the loss, the Lynx fall to 1-15 on the season, 1-9 in conference. Meanwhile, the Hawks improve to 12-5 this season, 10-1 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The first quarter started with both teams trading baskets. Becker scored the final five points of the quarter including a Adrianna Dowdy layup to finish the period. Becker held the lead 23-18.
- Lesley quickly hit back with a Theresa Pereira three-pointer to bring the gap within one. Each defense performed well not giving any clean looks at the basket. Heading into the locker room the Hawks lead 35-31.
- Becker came out for the quarter fast, creating a 7-1 run to put themselves up 10 early in the third quarter, following a Dowdy layup. Lesley pushed back after the spurt but could not match the scoring of Becker.
- With one quarter left to play, the Lynx worked to chip away at the lead putting together a run midway through the fourth quarter. Back to back layups from Dakota Jones sparked a 9-0 run to bring the lead down under 10 at the 5:28 mark, 60-51 Becker.
- However, the Hawks were able to match the Lynx scoring down the stretch and held out until time expired, 72-58 Becker College.
- Jones led the way in scoring and rebounds for the Lynx, 22 points and 10 rebounds. Pereira and Karyn McEvoy added to the scoring with 18 and 10 points respectively.
- Dowdy was the star for the Hawks, contributing a double-double with 17 points and 16 rebounds. Meanwhile, three different Hawks reached double figures, including a team leading 18 points from Cassidy Harrison, Ciara McKissick added 14 points while Jazlyn Contreras tacked on 10 points.
Lesley (1-15, 1-9) will travel to Elms College for their next game Tuesday, January 22nd, tip-off set at 7:00PM. Becker (12-5, 9-1) will next play at home against Newbury College Tuesday, January 22nd, beginning at 6:00PM.