Chicopee, Mass. – Lesley University Women's Basketball fell behind early in a conference matchup against Elms College and could not catch the Blazers, 62-47. Lesley now sport a record of 1-16 on the season, 1-10 in conference. Elms push their record to 10-8 overall, 6-5 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Blazers raced out to and early 11-0 run after a Samantha Lynes three-pointer. Lesley answered back with a basket from Dakota Jones, but Elms rattled off a 12-0 run to close the opening frame, 23-2.
- Elms went 10-24 from the field in the first quarter while pulling down 17 rebounds. Opposed to Lesley's 1-12 from the field and 10 rebounds put the Lynx behind early.
- However, the Lynx responded with improved shooting from the field (6-12) while also limiting the amount of shot opportunities for the Blazers. Dakota Jones poured in eight points during the 2nd quarter, Elms maintained their lead, 40-16 at the half.
- Elms come out of the locker room continuing a on a successful 1st half, outscoring the Lynx 18-8 in the 3rd quarter.
- Lesley saved their best quarter for last. The Lynx outscored the Blazers 23-4 in the final 10 minutes. Jones picked up 12 points, while Karyn McEvoy added nine. However, the Blazers finished contest with the win, 62-47.
- Jones added another double-double to her season total with 25 points and 14 assists. McEvoy finished her night with 12 points and three steals.
- Angelica Peguero-Flores lead the way for the Blazers with a double-double of her own, 18 points and 15 rebounds. Elms had 13 different players register points on the night.
Lesley (1-16, 1-10) will travel to Newbury College for next game Saturday, January 26th, tip-off set at 1:00PM. Elms College (10-8, 6-5) will next play Eastern Nazarene at home Tuesday, January 29th, beginning at 7:00PM.