Medford, MA.—A late surge from Dean College Women's Basketball was enough to hold on to a conference win against Lesley University Women's Basketball, 77-67. With the loss, the Lynx fall to 1-18, 1-12 in conference, on the season. The Bulldogs climb to 9-11, 7-6 in conference, on the year.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Out of the gate, both teams were scoring and working hard on the defensive side of the ball. Trading runs, the Lynx were able to pull ahead at the end of the 1st quarter following two Dakota Jones free throws, 16-14.
- Neither team were able to immediately separate themselves in the beginning stages of the 2nd quarter. The Bulldogs finished the quarter strong heading to the locker room on the back of a 6-2 spurt to close the frame ahead, 33-31.
- Out of the locker room, Lesley battled back to tie the score at 37-37 after a Jones layup. However, Dean paved a 9-2 run, following an India Pina jump shot, over four minutes to give them a comfortable advantage heading into the final frame, 51-46.
- Over the final 10 minutes, the Lynx struggled to get past a very quick full court press from the Bulldogs. Dean forced seven turnovers in the final quarter, scored 34 points off turnovers throughout the game. In the end, the Bulldogs pulled away with a 77-67 win over the Lynx.
- Jones led the way for the Lynx with 23 points and 16 rebounds, while shooting 7-12 from the free throw line. Karyn McEvoy, Kacey Johnson, and Theresa Pereira all reached double figures with 13 points, 12 points, and 10 points respectively. Sarah Tobin rounded out a solid night with nine points and 12 boards.
- Pina led all scorers with 27 points and created nine steals. Three other Bulldogs reached double digits, Makayla Rudder added 20 points, Amanda Miressi contributed 12 points and Jamaya Cleveland chipped in 10 points.
Lesley (1-18, 1-12) steps back on the court Tuesday, February 5th, for a 7:00PM tip-off away against Southern Vermont College. Dean College (9-11,7-6) will next play against New England College, on the road, Tuesday, February 5th, 7:00PM tip-off.