Bennington, VT.— Lesley University Women's Basketball falls in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) to Southern Vermont College 57-42, at the Mountaineer Athletic Center on Tuesday night. With the loss, Lesley drops to 1-19, 1-13 in conference. Southern Vermont College improve to 6-15, 4-10 in NECC play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx started off strong jumping out to a 4-0 advantage in the first few minutes. Although, a Maddy Main layup sparked an 8-0 run to push the Mountaineers ahead after the first quarter, 8-7.
- Both teams went back and forth in the second quarter, neither team able to separate themselves on the scoreboard. The Mountaineers clung to a four point lead at the break, 19-15.
- Southern Vermont College came alive in the third quarter rattling off a quick run to put themselves up 29-20, after a Taylor Mallett layup.
- The offensive started to pour in for both teams as they nearly shot 50% combined from the field in the 3rd quarter (Lesley 57.1% and Southern Vermont 47.1%). However, the home team held the advantage going into the final frame, 38-28.
- The Mountaineers continued the hot shooting into the fourth quarter. The home team expanded their lead to as many as 17 points following a Main layup at 3:45 remaining in the period. When the buzzer sounded, Southern Vermont came out winners, 57-42.
- A double-double from Dakota Jones lead the way for Lesley with 14 points and 17 assists, Karyn McEvoy added 14 points to Lesley effort.
- Two Mountaineers hit double figures, including 14 points from Ahmyria Simmons off of the bench. Main contributed 12 points and 14 rebounds.
Lesley (1-19, 1-13) will next face Mitchell College, on the road, Thursday, February 7th, at 6:00PM. Southern Vermont College (6-15, 4-10) are back in action at Eastern Nazarene College Thursday, February 7th, with a tip off at 7:00PM.