Medford, MA.— Lesley University Women's Basketball program honored Senior guard Theresa Pereira and Senior forward Sarah Tobin during halftime of a conference matchup vs New England College at Medford High School Saturday afternoon. The visiting Pilgrims would take home a victory, 96-45, advancing there record to 16-9 on the season, and a conference record of 15-3. The Lynx fall to 1-22 on the season, 1-16 in NECC play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley started the game off with the first basket after a Dakota Jones layup. From that point, New England College carved out a 15-2 stretch in the first quarter to put them out in front. The Pilgrims would never lose their lead through the remainder of the game.
- The Lynx continued to battle in the first quarter but could not catch the hot shooting Pilgrims, 23-10 after one period.
- New England College added onto their lead in the 2nd as a sharp defense limited the Lynx chances to score. Going into the break, Pilgrims lead 51-19 over the Lynx.
- Lelsey needed an offensive outburst to climb back into the game. The Lynx would go on to score 17 points in the quarter, but couldn't breakdown a large deficit, 73-36 after the 3rd.
- New England College would continue their great play in the 4th as they expanded the lead to as many as 51 points. New England College finished on top 96-45 over Lesley.
- Jones and Pereira lead the way with 17 points and 12 points respectively, Pereira and Jones were also the leading rebounders for the Lynx with nine and eight boards in the boxscore.
- An efficient Pilgrims offense was lead by Rene Hudson with 16 points, Mariah Thomas was right behind with 10 points from the bench. 12 different student-athletes registered points on the night for New England College.
Lesley (1-22, 1-16) will close the season against Bay Path University Sunday, February 17th, at 3:30PM. New England College (16-9, 15-3) finish atop the NECC standings after the regular season, they will host Southern Vermont College Tuesday, February 19th, in the 2019 NECC Women's Basketball Tournament Quarterfinals.