MEDFORD, MA. -- The Lesley women's basketball team put up their best effort of the season, but still fell to Rivier College 70-56. The Lynx fall to 0-8 on the season, while the Raiders advance to 3-7.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Coming into the game, Dakota Jones was only four rebounds away from her career thousandth. She got the four and added sixteen more, finishing with twenty boards on the night and adding twenty-six points for an all-around dominant effort. Six of Jones' rebounds were offensive and she also collected an assist and two steals on the night.
- The Lynx finished with a season-high 56 points. Hope Seasholes added ten points, while Tallin Goldberg went three for five from three to score nine points.
- Lindsey Jensen had her hands in every facet of the game, scoring nine points to go alone with five rebounds, four assists, four steals, and a block.
- The Lynx had their lowest turnover total of the season, only giving the ball away twelve times and forcing sixteen turnovers by Rivier.
- The Raiders were led by Cydney Lessard, who had sixteen points in 25 minutes. Arianna Motivala had fifteen points off the bench, while Jackelyn Robarge had a double-double with twelve points and ten rebounds.
- Rivier shot only 34.6% on the night, but it was enough to get the job done. They took twice as many threes as Lesley, but only made two more. Their advantages came in points off turnovers, though they committed more than the Lynx, and they outscored Lesley in second chance points 20 to 7.
The Lynx travel again on Saturday January 11th for a 12 PM tip-off against conference opponent Dean College.