LONGMEADOW, MA. -- The Lesley women's basketball team lost to Bay Path University on Saturday afternoon by a 72-61 score. The Lynx fall to 0-9 on the season and 0-5 in the conference, while the Wildcats advance to 2-10 and 1-4 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Despite the loss, the Lynx were still able to put up big numbers. Dakota Jones led the way with her second straight 20-20 game. Jones finished with 25 points and 22 rebounds, adding an assist, a steal, and two blocks. She shot eleven for seventeen from the field.
- Sam Jensen also had a great afternoon on the boards, securing a career high nineteen rebounds. Lindsey Jensen finished the game with a career high 12 points.
- Tallin Goldberg scored 20 points on the afternoon on seven of twenty-five shooting. Goldberg also had four assists and two rebounds.
- The Wildcats were led by Emmeline Bronson's career high 38 points. Bronson went fourteen for thirty-two from the field and sank all five of her free throws. She added five rebounds, four assists, and three steals to her great day.
- Heaven Rodriguez added another 20 points for the Wildcats. She was nine for twenty-eight from the field.
- The Lynx led after the first half, but were unable to keep their lead in the third quarter. They outrebounded the Wildcats 54 to 36, but Bay Path had a better shooting afternoon.
- The Wildcats shot 40.5% from the field compared to Lesley's 35.4%, but the biggest disparity came at the free throw line. Bay Path only drew five trips to the line, but they made them all, while Lesley was only eleven for twenty-six from the line, leaving fifteen points on the board.
The Lynx return home on Tuesday January 21st for a matchup against conference opponent Mitchell College at 7:30 PM.