FRANKLIN, MA. -- The Lesley Women's Basketball team dropped their season opener 59-45 to Dean College on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx fall to 0-1 on the season , while the Bulldogs start off at 1-0.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley played strong in a low-scoring first quarter, not allowing an early Bulldogs run to get them down. The Lynx battled back from down 8-2 to finish the quarter with a 9-8 lead. Alexandra Kerley and Kizziah Ruff were able to put the run together to take the lead.
- Dean put up a stronger effort in the second quarter, though the Lynx were able to close in at halftime with two free throws by Zoe Bodwell with 25 seconds left. Dean continued the strong effort in the third quarter, where they outscored the Lynx 20-8.
- Lesley closed out the game with another winning quarter, but they could not get back the lead they gave up in the third. The Bulldogs held them off enoguh to get out with a fourteen point win.
- Kerley and Sydnie Drezek led the Lynx with nine points each, while Ruff led in rebounds with eight. Alexah Potter was the leader for Dean, with twenty points and thirteen rebounds in a double-double off the bench.
- The Lynx struggled from the arc in this one, making only one of twenty-one three point attempts. Dean only made one three as well, but they dominated Lesley in the paint, outscoring them 36-18 down low.
The Lynx continue their season-opening road trip with a game against Anna Maria College on Tuesday November 9th at 6 PM.