MEDFORD, MA. -- The Lesley Women's Basketball team hosted their first home game of the season on Wednesday night, in which they lost to the Norwich Cadets 66-50. The Lynx fall to 1-4 overall this season, while the Cadets advance to 1-3.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- A difficult first quarter put the Lynx in a very early hole that they could not climb out of. Despite scoring the first basket of the game, Lesley could not get much going on offense as the Cadets jumped out to a 17-8 lead. MacKenzie Moore led the way with five points off the bench for Norwich.
- The Lynx got back into the game in the second quarter, forcing six turnovers and shooting 57.1%. Sydnie Drezek and Jordan Blair each had six points, while Kizziah Ruff got started on a big night with nine total first half points. Norwich went into halftime with a 32-27 lead.
- Too many opportunities passed the Lynx by in the second half, causing them to fall out of the game again. Erika Thomas had nine second half points for Norwich, all from three point shots. Ice cold fourth quarter shooting from Lesley allowed the Cadets to take control over the final ten minutes. Free throws were an issue for the Lynx as well, as they only shot 8 of 17 on the night.
- Ruff had a very impressive showing in this one, scoring 18 points with four rebounds. Alexandra Kerley secured her fourth straight double-digit rebound game with ten in this one, while Raven Premont impressed defensively with five steals. She currently ranks third in the NECC in total steals, while Kerley tops in rebounds.
- No one player was a superstar for Norwich, but each of them contributed a well-rounded performance. Moore and Thomas finished with 11 and 10 points off the bench, respectively, while Silas Bernier and Maren McGinn each had ten. McGinn also snatched eight rebounds, while Haley Brewster finished with 8 points, 7 rebounds, and five assists.
The Lynx host Maine-Fort Kent on Sunday November 21st at 1:30 PM.