MILTON, MA. -- The Lesley Women's Basketball team fell to the Curry Colonels 72-58 on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx drop to 2-9 overall this season, while the win puts the Colonels at 3-7.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx and Colonels were tied after the first quarter, thanks to strong performances by Alexandra Kerley and Kaitlynn Smith. Kerley had eight points and five boards for Lesley, while Smith picked up six points for Curry.
- Curry pulled away with a ten point lead after the second quarter. Lily Gray scored eleven points on three-for-three shooting from beyond the three point line, while Kylie McCarthy added 8 points. Kizziah Ruff and Hillary Berry both had four points for Lesley in the quarter, but no other Lynx had much success shooting.
- The Lynx were unable to get back into the game after halftime, as Curry capitalized on 28 Lesley turnovers, while only committing fourteen of their own. The Colonels scored eleven points off of the Lynx mistakes.
- Raven Premont exploded in her most impressive offensive performance yet for the Lynx, scoring nine of her fifteen total points (her collegiate career high) in the third quarter. Premont shot five-for-six overall, including three-for-three from deep, while adding ten rebounds to complete the double-double and picking up two steals.
- Kerley and Ruff also had impressive games for Lesley, scoring twelve points each with Kerley adding eleven rebounds to hold her NECC lead in total rebounds. The entire Curry starting five scored in double figures, with Gray leading the way with 22.
The Lynx play their final game before winter break at home against Wentworth on Wednesday December 15th at 7 PM.