NEWPORT, R.I. - A goal in each half helped the visiting Lesley University women's soccer team to a shutout victory over Salve Regina University in non-conference action Thursday afternoon. With the win, the Lynx improve to 5-3 on the year while the Seahawks slip to 3-4.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley senior Rachel Buckley scored in the fourth minute of play to quickly give the Lynx an early lead. Xaelel Allen-Caballero fed Buckley the pass for an assist.
- The Lynx attempted 7 more shots in the first half but were unable to net another bring them to halftime with a 1-0 lead.
- The Lesley midfield and defense kept the ball on the attack not allowing any shots on net, and only 1 corner kick.
- Newcomer Natsuki Futakuci recorded her first career goal in the gray and green in the 60th minute to give Lesley some insurance. Futakuci received a pass from Jordan Mitchell at midfield and carried it forward before letting a shot fly from 25 yards away. A low, line-drive, the shot moved from right to left and beat Carly Pala to give the Lynx a two-goal lead.
- Lesley junior Brittley Gaan improves to 2-0 on the season between the pipes for the Lynx. Both of her victories have been shutouts.
- The Lynx outshot the Seahawks 17-5 and 7-3 in shots on goal in the match. They also held the advantage in corner kicks, 5-2.
- Pala made fives saves on the day for the Seahawks and drops to 3-4 in net on the season.
Lesley hosts Eastern Nazarene on Saturday at 8pm for an NECC match up.