Cambridge, Mass.--The Lesley University Women's Soccer team rolled past the Eastern Nazarene Lions to remain unbeaten in NECC conference play. In the win, senior Jordan Mitchell earned her 100th career point in the Lynx uniform.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Senior Samantha Bessey notched the first goal of the game in the 13th minute off a cross from Kyra Harus. Harbus sent a ball from the left wing that Bessey was able to flick off her head into the goal.
- In the 17th minute senior Jordan Mitchell one timed a shot from the left wing to net her 100th career point in the career. Mitchell tacked on another goal for the Lynx just ten minutes later to give Lesley an early 3-0 lead.
- Natsuki Futakuci and Julia Cohn teamed up for a perfectly executed goal. Cohn dished a one time backwards pass to set Futakuci up for a one time blast from outside the eighteen to give the Lynx a 4-0 lead going into the half.
- Lesley continued to dominate the offensive pressure in the second half and Lion's goaltender Sarah Moschini made many impressive saves to keep the scoring to a minimal in second half.
- Sam Ring and Ruby Hill polished of the scoring for the Lynx with two early goals in the second half.
- Lesley outshot the Lions 26-2 in the match and held the advantage 8-0 in corner kicks.
Lesley next travels to Brandeis University on Tuesday October 2nd.