Arlington,Mass.-- Senior Jordan Mitchell tallied her 100th career point in Lesley's 6-0 victory over the Eastern Nazarene Lions. With the win, Lesley improves to 6-3 overall and 3-0 in NECC conference play while the Lions drop to 3-6 and 1-2 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Senior Samantha Bessey sparked a 4 goal first half for the Lynx in the 13th minute of play of a cross from Kyra Harbus. Harbus sent a ball from the left wing that found some space for Bessey to head it into the net before Lion's keeper had a chance.
- Just minutes later Jordan Mitchell earned her 100th career point, a one time blast from the left side, and one of two goals in the match. In the 26th minute Mitchell placed a ball in the right corner for the early 3-0 lead.
- Natsuki Futakuci and Julia Cohn teamed up for a perfectly executed goal for the final strike of the half. Cohn dished a fancy backwards pass to hit a Futakuci in stride for a one timer from well outside the eighteen to give Lesley a comfortbale 4-0 going into the half.
- The Lynx continued to dominate the offense, but Lion's goaltender Sarah Moschini had several saves to keep the Lesley scoring to a minimal in the second half.
- Sam Ring and Ruby Hill collected the final goals for Lesely in the second half to secure a 6-0 conference shutout.
- Moschini collected 13 saves in the match from a powerful Lynx offense who attempted 26 shots to the Lion's 2. Lesley also help the advantage in corner kicks 8-0.
Lesley travels to Brandeis University Tuesday October 2nd for a non-conference match.