LONGMEADOW, Mass.-The Lesley Women's Soccer team crusied to a 7-0 victory over NECC conference foe Bay Path University Saturday afternoon at Ryan Field. With the win, the Lynx improve to 8-3-0 overall and 4-0 in conference, while the Wildcats fall to 6-3-1 on the season and are 2-2 in the NECC.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Seven different Lynx scored in the 7-0 victory and two different Lynx goaltender performances combined for the shut out.
- Senior midfielde Jordan Mitchell (Sachse, Tex.) scored the first goal of the game which was the eventual game winner at 14:02 on the clock off a cross from senior forward Xaelel Allen Caballero (Henrietta, N.Y.).
- Coming off the bench midfielder Natsuki Futakuci (Tokyo, Japan) scored next at 36:58 and then garnered an assist in the third goal three minutes later sending it to senior midfielder Sam Ring (Thousand Oaks, Calif.). The final goal of the half was tallied by forward Ruby Hill (Manhattan Beach, Calif.).
- The Wildcats were unable to score off both Lynx keepers junior Brittley Gaan (Bellevue, Wash.) and sophomore Jill Narby (Huntington, N.Y.) in the shared the shut-out. Junior goalkeeper Caitlyn Esposito (East Haven, Conn.) suffered the loss facing 22 shots, 15 on goal, and eight saves.
- Three more Lynx scored unassisted in the second half including sophomore forward Cynthia Ramos (San Antonio, Tex.), junior defender Gabby Vesona (North Attleboro, Mass.), and sophomore midfielder Julia Cohn (Farmington, Conn).
Lesley hosts NECC member Dean College on Wednesday evening, with a kick off time of 8pm.