Cambridge, Mass.—The Lesley Women's Soccer team held on to a 1-0 win over Dean College on Wednesday evening at Franke Field. With the win, Lesley improves to 9-3 and remains undefeated in conference play
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Despite the Lynx dominating possession of the ball the whole first half with very limited balls getting crossed into Lesley territory, they were unable to score on their 16 attempts and the squads went into the break tied.
- Lesley broke the stalemate in the 56th minute. Ruby Hill picked up a loose ball on the left side of the eighteen and one timed a shot that was deflected into the back of the net.
- The Lynx continued to put on the attack throughout the second half with many opportunities to score, but couldn't execute on the attempts.
- In the 80th minute first year Chloe Kouyoumdjian laced a shot that just nicked the bottom of the cross bar and the Bulldogs were able to clear it out of the box.
- The Bulldog defense kept the pressure on Lesley, and despite getting off 24 shots in the second half, they were unable to execute en route to a 1-0 win.
- Macy Parisee had 13 saves in the match to keep the Lynx off the scoreboard.
Lesley next hosts New England College Saturday October 13th for another NECC conference match up at 6pm.