Cambridge, Mass.—The Lesley Women's Soccer team hosted new NECC Conference member, New England College Saturday evening. It was a battle of the lone undefeated teams in conference play and pretty evenly contested the whole match.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The first half was a battle, with most possession switching between the two teams in the mid field. Limited shots were taken by both teams, with the Lynx holding the advantage 4-3.
- It did not take Lesley long to open up the scoring early in the second half. In the 48th minute, senior Jordan Mitchell received a ball from Xaelel Allen-Caballero on the left side about 10 yards out and found the back of the net for the 1-0 lead.
- The Lynx defense tightened up on the back end the rest of the half, only allowing 1 shot the rest of the way. Both teams had one very close chance a piece with Lynx Senior Samantha Bessey just missing high from about 25 yards out, and junior keeper Brittley Gaan made a nice save off a miss kick from a Lesley defender to keep the Pilgrims off the board.
- Pilgrim goalkeeper Kayla Pugliese had 4 saves in the match.
- Lesley out shot New England College 8-4, and held the advantage in corner kicks 4-1.
Lesley next travels to Mitchell College on Tuesday October 16th with a kick off time of 3:30pm.