Posted: Oct 16, 2018
- NEW LONDON, Conn. – Lesley University came away with a 4-0 victory over Mitchell College on Tuesday afternoon in New England Collegiate Conference play at Alumni Field. The Lynx, who scored all four goals in the first half, extended their winning streak to nine games and improved to 13-3-0 (7-0-0 NECC) on the season.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Kayleigh Chicas, Xaelel Allen-Caballe and Kendall Eagan all found the back of the net on the day for the visitors while goalkeeper Remington Hasley earned a clean sheet in her first career start.
- Lesley got on the scoreboard in the 18th minute on an own goal. Eagan chased down a throw-in before it went over the end line and attempted to center the ball in front of the goal. Instead, it deflected off a defender at the corner of the goalie box and slipped inside the left post for the game's first score.
- The Lynx followed with a pair of long-range tallies in the 24th and 31st minutes. Chicas provided the first, cashing in from over 30 yards out on a shot that ducked under the crossbar for her first goal of the season. Minutes later, Allen-Caballe struck from the left wing on a blast that found the right corner of the goal from outside the box. The marker was her third of the year.
- Eagan tacked on the final goal in the 34th minute on a beautifully-played ball through the middle of the field by Julia Cohn. Eagan went one-on-one with the goalkeeper and juked around her before tucking away her first tally of the season.
- Lesley held a 34-2 edge in total shots. Hasley finished with one save in the contest while Mitchell's Drew Johndrow made 16 on the opposite end of the field.
Lesley returns to action at Bates College on Thursday, October 18 at 3 p.m.