LEWISTON, Maine -- The Bates women's soccer team defeated Lesley University Thursday afternoon, 2-1 at Russell Street Field. This snapped the Lynx 9 game win streak and drop to an 11-4 overall record but still remain undefeated in the NECC conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Riley Turcotte and So Kim provided the scoring for the Bobcats, with Turcotte putting up the lone score in the first half and Kim doubling the lead in the 50th minute.
- Kayleigh Chicas scored unassisted for the Lynx in the 54th minute, her second score of the season.
- In the sixth minute of the game, Bates forward Sarah DiPillo threw the ball in to Turcotte, who made a couple touches on the ball before firing past Lesley goalie Brittley Gaan from about 20 yards away.
- Bates went up by two early in the fifth minute of the second half, with Caroline Bogue pushing the ball forward before slotting a pass to Kim for the finish from about 6 yards out.
- Chicas cut the lead in half with 36:01 left in the game, converting a beautiful direct kick from 22 yards out that passed over a three-player Bates wall and found the back of the net inches under the crossbar.
- Only 16 shots were attempted in the game, with the Lynx holding a 9-7 advantage, as well as a 7-3 edge in corner kicks. Bates goalie Katherine Nuckols and Lesley goalie Gaan made two saves apiece.
The Lynx will honor their seniors on Saturday October 20th in their final home contest of the regular season. Kick off will be at 6pm with the senior ceremony at half time.