Cambridge, Mass.— The Lesley Women's soccer team capped off celebrating their seniors with a 4-0 victory over Newbury College. With the win, the Lynx improve to 12-4 overall and remain undefeated in NECC conference play with an 8-0 record.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx dominated the Nighthawks from kick off, keeping possession of the ball on the Nighthawks territory the entire half.
- Despite Lesley getting off 21 shots in the first half, they were only able to execute on one attempt to make it 1-0 going into the half time.
- Jordan Mitchell netted the lone goal in the half in the 26th minute when she got off a shot from a clustered goalie box that found the back of the net.
- Three Lynx players scored in the second half for the 4-0 victory.
- Kendall Eagan one timed a ball from Mitchell just outside the goalie box leaving Nighthawks goalkeeper Noelle Sass no chance.
- First year Chloe Kouyoumdjian crossed a ball from the left wing that found the foot of Julia Cohn for goal past the diving Sass.
- The final goal of the night came in the 61st minute where Katelyn Scott was left wide open just inside the 18 yard box on the right side. Scott ripped a shot that was untouched for the 4-0 win.
- Lesley outshot Newbury 43-1 and held the advantage in corner kicks 16-0.
- Nighthawks keeper, Noelle Sass recorded 22 saves in the loss.
Lesley next travels to Becker College on Wednesday night for their final match of the regular season.