Oct 28, 2018
- Cambridge, Mass.—The No. 1 seeded Lesley University hosted No. 8 Dean College in the NECC quarterfinal match of the conference post season tournament. The Lynx earned a 2-0 victory to clinch a spot in the semi finals and improve to 14-4 overall. The loss ends the Bulldog's season with a 4-12-1 record.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Bulldog defensive strategy pressured the Lynx attack keeping them to one goal at the end of the first forty-five minutes.
- Lesley was able to get off 18 shots in the half to the Bulldog's zero, but the forceful defense limited those shots to 8 on goal.
- Senior Jordan Mitchell put the Lynx on the scoreboard in the 21st minute. She looked to cross a ball from the right wing to connect with her teammate, but instead struck a Bulldog defender for the 1-0 lead off a Dean own goal.
- Lesley doubled their lead in the 59th minute off a Bulldog foul in the box. The Lynx were granted a penalty kick that Mitchell sent home to the bottom right corner for the 2-0 lead.
- In the 71st minute the Bulldogs had a chance to cut the deficit with a penalty kick of their own. Lynx goaltender Brittley Gaan made a big save off the free kick to keep the 2-goal lead and eventual quarterfinal win.
- Lesley outshot the Dean 38-3 in the match and held the advantage in corner kicks 7-2.
- Bulldog keeper Macy Parisee recorded 15 saves in the match, including a few diving saves to keep the Lynx from netting more goals.
- Gaan had 3 saves in the win and help Lesley record its 14th shutout of the season.
Lesley will host Southern Vermont in the semi finals on Wednesday October 31st at 8pm.