WELLESLEY, Mass. -- Sophomore Chloe Kouyoumdjian (La Canada, Calif.) scored the game's only goal in the 25th minute to lead visiting Lesley University to a 1-0 victory over Wellesley College soccer in non-conference play on Wednesday afternoon at the Wellesley Fields Complex.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Kouyoumdjian's second goal of the season helped the Lynx improve to 2-0-0 on the year. The Blue are now 1-1-0 overall.
- Lesley junior Maddy Deitrick (Burnet, Texas) found space through the Wellesley backline and slipped the ball through from the midfield for Kouyoumdjian to finish past Blue goalkeeper Olivia Reckley (Grosse Ile, Mich.) at 24:18 in the first.
- The first half marker was the only blemish for Reckley who finished the contest with four saves.
- Lesley outshot the Blue 6-1 in the opening half and 15-8 in the contest.
- The Blue failed to tally a shot on goal but nearly tied the contest late in the second half when first year Eliza Roy (Camden, Maine) hammered a shot off the crossbar.
- Lynx keepers Jill Narby (Huntington, N.Y.) and Brittley Gaan (Bellevue, Wash.) split time in the Lesley net, with Narby (1-0-0) earning the win.
Lesley continues its non-conference road slate on Saturday, September 7 at Regis College at 2:30.