FRANKLIN, MA. -- Alexandria Torres and the Lesley Women's soccer team continued their hot start to the season with a 6-1 road win over the non-conference opponent Dean Bulldogs. The Lynx have now won four in a row to move to 8-1 on the season, while the Bulldogs fall to 2-6.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Torres, who had only scored one goal on the season before this game, found the net for the game's opening score. She put it by Dean goalie Mary Parisee in the game's eleventh minute.
- Parisee was busy on the afternoon with the Lynx sending 24 total shots in her direction. She managed 18 saves.
- Kayleigh Chicas, with help from Gabby Vesona, scored next for the Lynx in the 23rd minute, with Torres following up a few minutes later with an assist from Alex Carruth. Chicas notched her second goal of the season, while Torres grabbed her third. Vesona and Carruth's assists were the first of the season for both.
- With a 3-0 lead, the pressure was off for goalie Jill Narby. She let one goal in, scored by Miranda Seacord, but save the other two shots sent her way. Narby's goals against average dipped to a great 1.33 in five games on the year.
- After half, Torres completed her hat trick and scored her fourth goal the season, with an assist by Macey Merlo, her second of the season.
- Torres and Merlo were not finished, as the freshman Merlo came off the bench to score two goals of her own, the first two of her college career. Torres assisted on Merlo's first goal for her first of the season.
- Torres took nine shots, while Merlo and Chicas each had eight. Carruth added five shots of her own, though she could not find a way past Parisee. Jasmine Sztyler-Magee led the Bulldogs with two shots.
The Lynx return home looking to continue their strong performance, with a match against Brandeis University on Tuesday October 2nd at 8 PM. The Lynx will be looking for their fifth win in a row.