WENHAM, MA. -- The Lesley Women's soccer team finished in a 2-2 draw with non-conference opponent Gordon College on Tuesday night. The Lynx record stands at 9-2-1 and the Scots hold at 8-2-3 on the season.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Scots struck first in the game as Lexi Potter put one past Lynx goalie Brittley Gaan for her fourth goal of the season. Christa Vordenberg got the assist on Potter's goal and the Scots took a 1-0 lead.
- In the 35th minute, Bella Christian extended the home team's lead with her second goal of the season. It was the first time in the last six games that the Lynx allowed two goals by an opponent.
- Alexandria Torres kept the Lynx in the game only five minutes into the second half for her fifth goal of the season, which narrowed the Scots' lead to 2-1.
- Gordon dominated the next ten minutes, getting six shots off in a row before Kerrie Larson was able to take one for the Lynx.
- Torres again found the back of the net for her second goal of the night. It was the sixth goal of the season for Torres and her second multi-goal game of the year.
- The two defenses held strong for the rest of regulation time, as Gordon took three more shots over the final 25 minutes and Lesley was unable to get any.
- Defense again shined in the first overtime period, with only one shot coming the entire ten minutes. Macey Merlo got an opportunity for the Lynx with a minute left on the clock, but was unable to score.
- Gordon had two chances over the final ten minutes, but the Lynx defense kept them from scoring on their first chance and drew the Scots offside in their second. With neither team able to score in twenty extra minutes, the game ended in a 2-2 draw.
- Gaan had a fantastic night for the Lynx, saving eleven of thirteen shots taken at her. Kali Denty was just as good for Gordon, stopping eight of ten.
- Torres led the Lynx in shots with four, while Claire Hounslow had three and Larson had two. The Scots were led by Potter, who had six shots with five on net.
The Lynx hit the road again for an afternoon conference match with Elms College on Saturday October 12th. Kickoff will be at 12 PM.