CHICOPEE, MA. -- The Lesley Women's soccer team suffered their first conference defeat of the season after falling 3-1 to the Elms Blazers. The loss brings the Lynx to 9-3-1 on the season and 3-1 in the conference, while the Blazers advance to 7-5-2 and 1-1-1 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx got out to an early 1-0 lead on a goal by Julia Cohn in the 14th minute. It was the first goal of the season for Cohn and Sophie Smurthwaite earned her first assist.
- The Lynx stayed on the attack early, keeping the pressure on Elms' goalie Rebecca Molin. The Lynx outshot the Blazers 5-2 in the first half.
- Cohn had two shots, while Tayla Mayberry, Kayleigh Chicas, and Alexandria Torres also had chances in the first half.
- The Blazers got on the board and only needed one shot to do it. Morgan Foucault scored her third goal on the year to tie the score up.
- Elms turned the game around in the second half, after letting Lesley take the five of the first six shots.
- The Blazers again needed few chances to make things happen, scoring another goal on only their fourth shot of the game and second of the half. Alizaya Clark put one by Brittley Gaan for her third goal of the year in the 78th minute.
- The Lesley defense played strong, limiting the chances for Elms, but the Blazers made good use of what they could get.
- Clark scored her second goal of the goal and fourth of the season in the 85th minute to extend the Elms lead to 3-1. The score would stand as the final.
- Morin saved eight of nine shots taken at her, three of them from Cohn, to improve her record to 5-4. Gaan took the loss, saving only one of four shots from the Blazers, to fall to 4-3-1.
The Lynx look to get back in the win column on Wednesday October 16th against conference opponent New England College at 7 PM.