CAMBRIDGE, MA. -- The Lesley Women's soccer team shut out conference opponent Eastern Nazarene by a score of 1-0 on Wednesday night in their final regular season home game. The win brings the Lynx to 11-3-1 on the season and 5-1 in the NECC, while the Lions fall to 2-10-1 overall and 1-4 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley began the match with a bit of a different look, with Remme Hasley making her second start of the season and Julia De Mars and Kayleigh Chicas in the back line.
- The Lynx defense rebuffed every attempt the Lions made to enter their zone, with De Mars and Chicas holding down the sides and Sophie Smurthwaite and Gabby Vesona locking down the middle.
- Eastern Nazarene's defense held strong as well against a strong Lynx attack, but the Lynx held possession for most of the first half. They outshot the Lions 13 to 2 over the first 45 minutes.
- The only score of the night came after Claire Hounslow and Alexandria Torres broke away through the Eastern Nazarene left side in the 38th minute. Hounslow found Torres coming across the middle and Torres put the ball in for her seventh goal of the season. Hounslow's assist was her third of the season.
- Hasley was great in her time on the field, both in action and directing her teammates. Hasley saved the only two shots taken at her before Jill Narby took over for the second half.
- Narby was as good as Hasley, consistently getting to loose balls before the Lions could. Eastern Nazarene took one shot on net in the second half and Narby saved it.
- Kerrie Larson and Alex Carruth dominated their matchups when the joined the back line. Larson rarely let any Lions get behind her and Carruth held strong on the opposite side.
- Eastern Nazarene goalie Griselda Minchaca was given a lot to work with, as the Lynx finished the night with 27 shots. Of the 12 shots on net, Michaca saved 11. She took the loss, dropping her record to 1-9 on the year.
- Hasley earned her third win of the season, improving to 3-1. In Hasley's four games this season, she has not allowed a goal.
- The Lynx were led in shots by Torres with 8, while Hounslow and Vesona each had 4.
The Lynx end the regular season with two road games, the first of which will be at Mitchell College on Saturday October 26th at 2 PM.