FITCHBURG, MA. -- The Lesley Women's soccer team defeated the Fitchburg State Falcons on Tuesday afternoon by a score of 3-0 for their third straight shut out. The final regular season win brings the Lynx to 13-3-1 on the season, while the Falcons fall to 5-12. The win also clinched the title of NECC regular season champions for the Lynx.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley opened the game strong, getting the first three shots of the game off. Falcons goalie Sarah Hemmings had a lot of work to do, as she made seven saves over the first thirty minutes.
- Katelyn Scott was the first to put one past Hemmings in the 32nd minute. It was the third goal of the season for Scott, all coming in the last three games.
- Hemmings made four more saves over the rest of the half and the Lynx could not score again. Lesley had seventeen shots in the first half to Fitchburg's two.
- Remme Hasley saved one shot in her 45 minutes in net and kept her career goals against average at zero. Jill Narby took over for Hasley in the second half and picked up right where she left off.
- The Lynx took seven shots in the second half before the Falcons could get one off, but new Falcons goalie Emily Vitale kept them off the board.
- Claire Hounslow continued her incredible year with another goal, her seventh of the season, in the 67th minute.
- Vitale was replaced by Dania Politi for the game's final twenty minutes and the Lynx completed the trifecta by scoring on the third Falcons goalie of the afternoon. Chloe Kouyoumdjian scored her sixth goal of the season in the 7th minute to put the Lynx ahead 3-0.
- The Lynx outshot the Falcons 17 to 4 in the second half and 34 to 6 overall. Hasley picked up the win to go to 4-0 on the season, saving the only shot sent her way while Narby saved three of three. Hemmings got the loss for Fitchburg State, dropping her record to 4-9. She saved eleven of twelve shots, while Vitale saved five of six and Politi saved two of three.
- Kouyoumdjian led the Lynx with nine shots, followed by Alexandria Torres with six. Six different players took a shot for the Falcons with no luck.
The Lynx will participate in the NECC postseason tournament that begins this weekend. Exact details about date and time will come.