BOSTON, MA. -- The Lesley Women's soccer team continued their unbeaten streak on Monday night with a 2-2 draw against Emmanuel College. The Lynx are now at 3-0-1 on the season, while the Saints hold steady at 1-1-1.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Similar to their first game of the season, the Lynx let the opponent get out ahead early and shut them down for the rest of the first half. Kennedy Daivgnon put one in the net for Emmanuel in the third minute, assisted Lily Tobin, to give the Saints an early 1-0 lead.
- That lead carried into halftime, as the Lesley defense only allowed two more Saints shots through the first 45 minutes. Freshman goalkeeper Lauren Lacy was able to hold Emmanuel off while her offense got things rolling.
- Calli Masters was able to score one for the Lynx to tie the game at 1-1 in the 70th minute. Kerrie Larson picked up her second assist of the season.
- Four minutes later, senior Chloe Kouyoumdjian picked up her second goal of the season to give the Lynx a 2-1 lead. Abby Kalou added the assist on Kouyoumdjian's goal.
- The Lynx defense continued to hold strong, but the Saints were able to come up clutch to tie the game at 2 in the 87th minute. Sophie Chirigotis was the tying scorer, with an assist by Melissa Mauro.
- After two overtime scoreless overtime periods, the match ended in a draw. The Lynx were much more active on the offensive end than the Saints, getting a massive edge in shots taken by a 23-4 margin. Emmanuel was able to capitalize on their fewer opportunities, as Lacy was only able to save one of the three shots on goal.
The Lynx are back at it again tomorrow on the road at Thomas College.