WATERVILLE, ME. -- The Lesley Women's soccer team defeated the Thomas College Terriers by a score of 1-0 on Tuesday afternoon. The Lynx move up to 4-0-1 on their season, while the Terriers fall to 0-3.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Despite a strong offensive performance for the Lynx, it took until the second half to score their first and only goal. Courtney McCluskey put one in for her second goal of the season within the first minute of the second half and it was all the Lynx would need.
- Though they only scored once, Lesley kept the pressure on for the full ninety minutes. The Lynx totaled 33 shots on the afternoon, while the defense kept Thomas from taking a single one.
- Though the Terriers struggled offensively, their goalkeepers were cool under pressure. Isabelle Lang got the start and saved all six shots sent her way, while Madison Rock finished out the game saving all nine. Lauren Bartlett took the loss in between Lang and Rock, allowing one goal and making nine saves. The Terriers banded together to save 24 of 25 shots on goal.
- Chloe Kouyoumdjian and Emily Winkels each totaled four shots for the Lynx, while Ariana Bunch and Juliana Rossini took three each.
- Audrey Calhoun picked up her fourth win of the season and her third shutout. Calhoun has spent 270 minutes in net this season without allowing a single goal.
The Lynx rest until Friday, September 10, when they travel to MIT for a 7 PM matchup.