CAMBRIDGE, MA. -- The Lesley Women's Soccer team celebrated Senior Night and their home opener with a 3-0 victory over the New England College Pilgrims on Saturday night. The Lynx advance to 6-2-1 this season and open conference play at 1-0, while the Pilgrims fall to 2-7 overall and 0-1 in the NECC.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx put the pressure on early, with Kerrie Larson scoring on the second shot of the game to put Lesley up 1-0 in the fifth minute. Abby Kalou found Larson in the corner preparing to make a cross, but Larson instead sent the ball in a looping arc over NEC goalkeeper Emiyl Sashko's head for her first score of the season.
- Kalou added to a great night with a goal of her own in the 27th minute to give the Lynx a 2-0 lead. Kalou broke through the midfield and went streaking past the Pilgrims back line, putting the ball by Sashko for her third goal of the season.
- Chloe Kouyoumdjian was the second senior to score on senior night, giving the Lynx a 3-0 lead that would be all they needed in the 62nd minute. Kouyoumdjian picked up a deflection of Sashko, took it to her left and sent a laser off her left foot into the back of the net. Kouyoumdjian had been on the attack all night, taking nine shots and finally connecting in her final one.
- Audrey Calhoun's record now sits at 6-1 on the season after the shutout victory, her fourth of the season. Sashko took the loss, falling to 2-7, but she did save thirteen of sixteen shots on goal.
- The Lynx were led by a strong defensive group that allowed only one shot all night. Seniors Larson, Sophie Smurthwaite, and Kayleigh Chicas and junior Alex Carruth held the Pilgrims in check all night.
The Lynx play their first home and conference match of the season when they welcome New England College on Saturday September 25th at 7 PM.