WALTHAM, MA. -- The Lesley Women's Soccer team were defeated by the Brandeis Judges 2-1 on a rainy Tuesday night. The Lynx drop to 6-3-1 this season, while the Judges improve to 5-1-2.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Brandeis had the edge in shots taken in the first half, as both teams struggled to find momentum in the worst of the night's weather. The Judges outshot the Lynx 5-0 in the first half, though they were not able to get many clear chances on Lynx goalkeeper Audrey Calhoun. Sophie Smurthwaite was exceptional in the first half, turning off most Brandeis attacks that came in her direction.
- Both sides were able to find their footing in the second half, though the Judges still outshot the Lynx 11-3. They also struck first, as Juliette Carreiro slipped a ball past Calhoun that Daria Bakhtiari was able to finish for Brandeis' first goal.
- The Lynx caught a break to even the score up in the 66th minute, as a cross by Julianna Rossini deflected off a Judge defender. The own goal tied the match at one apiece where it remained until the final five minutes of the night.
- Bakhtiari finished a brace to break the tie in the 86th minute, as a Brandeis shot deflected off the crossbar and then off of Calhoun to fall to a wide open Bakhtiari. It was enough for the Judges to hold off the Lynx and take home the win.
- Calhoun takes the loss for the Lynx, only her second of the season, while Hannah Bassan got her fourth win by saving one of two shots sent her way. Bakhtiari led her team in shots with five, while Chloe Kouyoudmjian led Lesley with two.
The Lynx play their first home and conference match of the season when they welcome New England College on Saturday September 25th at 7 PM.