QUINCY, MA. -- The Lesley Women's Soccer team shut out the Eastern Nazarene Lions 4-0 on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx advance to 9-3-1 on the season and 2-0 in the NECC, while the Lions drop to 3-9 overall and 0-2 in conference play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Like their last game, the Lynx got on the board early and never looked back. This time, junior Alex Carruth sent a long shot over the goalkeeper's head to score her first goal of the season and put the Lynx up 1-0 in the third minute of the match.
- The Lynx kept attacking for the entirety of the first half, but it took almost thirty minutes for them to strike again. Courtney McCluskey scored the second goal of the match for Lesley, her fourth of the season, off an assist from Chloe Kouyoumdjian, who had entered the game minutes earlier. The assist was Kouyoumdjian's third of the season and McCluskey's goal was her second in her past two games.
- After halftime, the Lynx struck twice within five minutes. McCluskey stayed involved, assisting on Juliana Rossini's third goal of the season in the 64th miunte. Rossini has scored in three straight games and picked up an assist in two in a row. She has gathered eight points in her last three games after not recording a goal or an assist since the season opener. Rossini now ranks fifth in the conference in total points.
- The second goal of the second half and fourth of the match came courtesy of senior defender Kayleigh Chicas, who scored her first goal of the season on a long range shot. Chicas took one shot in the match and it was all she needed to get on the board.
- Freshman goalkeeper Lauren Lacy picked up the win and her third shut-out of the season for the Lynx. The Lesley defense was a brick wall, keeping Lacy from seeing a single shot on goal. Sophia Fevola took the loss for the Lions, saving ten of fourteen shots.
- Rossini led the Lynx in shots with seven, while Sam Baston was the leader for Eastern Nazarene with two shots.
The Lynx head to Mass Maritime for a road match on Tuesday October 19 at 7 PM.