CAMBRIDGE, MA. -- The Lesley Women's Soccer team completed their fifth straight shutout win, taking down conference opponent Mitchell College 4-0 on Wednesday night. The Lynx move up to 11-3-1 this season and complete a 3-0 conference sweep, while the Mariners fall to 4-8-1 and 0-1 in the NECC.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley was their usual aggressive selves early in the match, but were unable to get anything through in the first twenty minutes. In the 22nd, Claire Hounslow scored one of her three goals on the night. Hounslow picked up the ball in the box and dribbled through to find the right corner of the net and give her team a 1-0 lead.
- Hounslow's second goal came with the help of Kerrie Larson in the 25th minute. The Lynx earned a corner kick and Larson put up a perfect ball that found Hounslow's head for her second goal of the game and Larson's third assist of the season.
- The Lynx found one more chance shortly before halftime, this time with Macey Merlo doing the honors in the 44th minute. Courtney McCluskey earned the assist by picking up a deflection off a defender and tapping it straight to Merlo who knocked it in from the edge of the box for her third goal of the year.
- Hounslow's third goal came in the 62nd minute, as she dribbled it through the box on her own and put it in the back of the net. Hounslow's three scores bring her to second place in the NECC in goals scored and points, both behind Mitchell's Elon Johnson.
- The Lynx were led in shots by Hounslow's nine, while the Lesley defense was able to keep the Mariners from attempting a single shot. They had a couple of scoring chances, but they were turned away by the back line. Audrey Calhoun earned her ninth win of the year, splitting the shutout with Lauren Lacy.
The Lynx are off until Saturday October 23rd when they travel to Rhode Island College for a 1 PM match.