CAMBRIDGE, MA. -- The Lesley Women's Soccer defeated the Eastern Nazarene Lions 12-2 in the NECC Semifinals on Wednesday night. The Lynx move on to face New England College in the NECC Championship, while the Lions have their season come to a close.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley wasted no time getting the scoring started, with Courtney McCluskey finding the back of the net on a shot from inside the box in the game's second minute. Chloe Kouyoumdjian picked up the assist to begin her massive night.
- Koyoumdjian was the next scorer for the Lynx, this time collecting a McCluskey shot that deflected off of Lions goalkeeper Sophia Fevola and putting it in for the score in the 19th minute. From there, the Lynx took control of the scoring.
- In the 23rd minute, a the Lynx put together some nifty passes to set up NECC Player of the Year Claire Hounslow for a score. A goal kick from Fevola found Sophie Smurthwaite downfield, who delivered it to Calli Masters, who sent it forward to Emily Winkels, who finished with the pass to Hounslow.
- Beatriz de Oliveira Segato got the Lions on the board in the 39th minute as Kayleigh Chicas passed a ball back to goalkeeper Lauren Lacy, who had already come out of the net to get it. de Oliveira Segato won the footrace to the ball and netted her team's first goal.
- Tatiana Ledesma got in on the scoring with two quick goals in the final minutes of the first half. Ledesma's first goal was a ricochet off the right post in the 42nd minute and the second was a beauty of a banger from outside the box in the 44th minute. The goals were the first two of Ledesma's collegiate career.
- The second half was another quick start for the Lynx, as Koyoumdjian added a second goal before a minute had passed on the clock. This time, she dribbled through five Lions defenders to put a perfect left-footed arc over the head of Fevola. Kerrie Larson picked up the assist after finding Kouyoumdjian wide.
- Kouyoumdjian completed a hat trick in the 51st minute, this time as Izzy O'Hagan set her up just outside the box for a laser past Fevola. Kouyoumdjian finished the night with three goals and an assist.
- The Lynx added two more goals before the Lions got back on the board, first with Ariana Bunch picking up her own rebound for a score and then Siena Stueland doing nearly the same in the 69th minute.
- Eastern Nazarene got one more on the board, as some colliding in the box allowed Kayla Dorn to connect on a free kick assist from Rachel Pieger.
- Haile Carrillo-Hayes scored the first goal of her Lynx career in the 77th minute, doing the work herself to get into position and fire one over Fevola. She then picked up her first assist on the first of two goals by NECC Rookie of the Year Abby Kalou. Kalou picked up the brace with a goal in the 80th minute and one in the 89th to put a cap on a great offensive performance.
- Eight different Lynx scored on the night, with three having multi-goal games. They took 41 total shots to ENC's six, with Kouyoumdjian leading the way with nine. Dorn led her side with two shots.
The Lynx host the NECC Championship match at 3 PM on Saturday November 6th as they take on New England College for the 2021 Women's Soccer title.