Cambridge, Mass. --The Lesley Women's Tennis team fell to Eastern Nazarene College in their first home contest of the season, 9-0. With the loss, the Lynx slip to 0-3 while the Lions claimed their season opening victory.
Score: Eastern Nazarene College 9, Lesley 0
Records: Eastern Nazarene College (1-0) | Lesley (0-3)
INSIDE THE SCORESHEET:
- The Lions swept the match starting off with claiming all three doubles matches. No. 1 doubles slot Maddie Abbott and Jessica Russo fell to Adele Duval and Emily Ruttkowski 8-1 to open the night.
- Lynx No. 2 pair Theresa Pereira and Sara Stanton took on Sharon Biondi and Annelise Sherril, but fell 8-2. Mary Pulling and Annie Dai had the most competitive showing, but lost to Veronica Jimenez and Alecia Tubbs, 8-4 in the third slot.
- The Lions continued the pressure in the singles portion, with Biondi and Ruttkowski claiming wins over Abbott and Pereira in the No. 1 and No. 2 positions.
- Duval beat Russo 6-1, 6-0 at the No. 3 singles slot and Jimenez notched a 6-0, 6-1 victory at the fourth position against Stanton.
- The number five slot of Sherrill and Pulling took 3 sets before Sherril earned the victory with a 10-3 third set. Russo opened the match with a 6-3 win, then fell 7-5 in the second frame.
- New comer Sarah Tobin fell to Tubbs in the final singles match, 6-4 and 6-3.
The Lynx will next play Husson College on Saturday September 8th.