Boston, Mass.-- The Lesley Univeristy women's tennis team fell to hosts Simmons University 8-1 Sunday afternoon at the Daly Courts in Brighton. With loss, the Lynx slip to 1-4 on the season.
INSIDE THE SCORESHEET:
- Sarah Tobin and Mary Pulling claimed the lone victory for the Lynx in the No.3 doubles position in a 9-8 over Sabrina Brown and Carrie St. Peter.
- No. 1 doubles pair Theresa Pereira and Sara Staton fell to Nickie Nguyen and Marissa Johson, while Maddie Abbott and Jessica Russo fell to Paola Rios and Michelle Medici 8-4 in the No. 2 slot.
- Pereira was the only Lynx member to get to 3 sets in the singles portion, but after claiming the first set 6-1, fell to Johnson 6-2 and 6-1 to give the Sharks the win.
- Nguyen cruised to a 6-2, 6-2 triumph over Lynx junior Maddie Abbott.
- Rios clinched the match with the Sharks' fifth point with a 6-1, 6-1 decision in the No. 3 singles against Russo.
"Our players were aggressive ending points at the net in doubles, but the Simmons players clearly took the rains in singles play," said new head coach Kristen Gerety. "There were plenty of long impressive rallies that just didn't end in our favor."
Lesley hosts University of Massachusetts Dartmouth on September 20 at 5:00 p.m.