The Lesley Women's Tennis team clinched their first NAC tournament berth Sunday afternoon. It was a special day for the Lynx with earning a trip to the conference tournament and also honoring their three seniors. With the win, Lesley improves to 3-6 on the season.
INSIDE THE SCORESHEET:
- All three Lynx doubles pairs earned 8-0 victories to kick off the match. Theresa Pereira and Sara Stanton teamed up in the No. 1 slot to take on Savannah Jackson and Faibe Achinda. Maddie Abbott and Jessica Russo followed suit at No. 2 beating Erica Hayakawa and Roze Yar, and Mary Pulling and Sarah Tobin closed out the doubles portion with a victory over Oomai Be and Susmitah Mangar.
- Across the board, Lesley allowed only two total points in the singles competitions, with all Lynx players earning victories in two sets.
- Abbott and Pereira kicked off the top two spots with victories over Jackson and Achinda.
- Russo and Stanton were next in the No. 3 and No. 4 singles matches claiming wins over Hayakawa and Yar.
- Pulling and Tobin closed out the match tallying two more wins for the Lynx over Be and Mangar to complete the sweep over the Hornets.
"With today's win, we have clinched a playoff spot and proven ourselves to be a worthy contender in our new conference," said head coach Kristen Gerety. "It was great to be able to clinch playoffs on a special day while we honored our seniors."
Lesley will next take on Suffolk University Friday September 28.