MILTON, Mass. – Lesley University picked up a 5-4 win over Curry College in a non-conference match on Tuesday afternoon at the Trent J. Scott '96 Tennis Courts. The final match win gave the Lynx a 5-8 record for the 2018 campaign.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx held a 2-1 advantage after doubles play. Theresa Pereira and Sarah Stanton topped the Colonel team of Sidara Cash-Sortwell and Hannah Faghan 8-2 at No. 1. Maddie Abbott and Jessica Russo took down Rosario Robidoux and Hollie Wallace 8-3 at No. 2.
- Curry salvaged a point in doubles play as Kelsie Merrill and Samantha Gilbert beat Annie Dai and Mary Pulling 8-3 at No. 3.
- Lesley then captured three of the six singles matches to edge the Colonels. Abbott topped Cash-Sortwell 6-1 and 6-0 at No. 1. Pereira defeated Faghan in straight sets 6-2 and 7-6 at No. 2.
- Alison Daigle needed three sets to defeat Russo at No. 3. After winning the first set 6-4, Russo responded to win the second 6-4. Daigle edged Russo in a third set super tiebreak by a 10-8 final.
- Stanton took down Robidoux in straight sets 6-4, 6-3 at No. 4. Wallace also went the distance at No. 5 against Pulling. Wallace captured the first set 6-3, but Pulling took the second, 6-2. Wallace doubled up Pulling in the third set super tiebreak, 10-5, for the fourth Curry point.
- Merrill blanked Dai at No. 6, 6-0 and 6-0 to round out the action.
"The team came ready to play," said head coach Kristen Gerety. "We went head to head with several opponents and are very grateful we had the mental clarity to pull off the win."