Lyndonville, VT-- The Lesley women's tennis team finished the opening weekend of NAC conference plays with an 8-1 win over hosts Northern Vermont University- Lyndon Sunday afternoon at the Dudley Bell Tennis Center. The Lynx improve to 3-1 on the year, while the Hornets slip to 1-2 on the young season.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley jumped out to the early advantage sweeping the doubles play. No. 2 doubles was the most competitive of the three matches, with the Lesley duo of Mary Pulling and Morgan Anderson downing Lyndon's Faibe Achinda and Oo Mai Be 8-4.
- Maddie Abbott and Grace Jovanovich picked up a 8-1 win over Emilie Dube and Savannah Jackson at the No. 1 slot, and Lesley's Summer Lamprey and Joselyn Martinez won at No. 3 with an 8-0 shutout.
- The Hornets picked up their only win of the afternoon in third singles. With Jackson leading 6-3, 4-3, Pulling was forced to retire due to an injury.
- The Lynx swept the other five singled matches, as the Hornets weren't able to win more than two games in any one set.
- Abbott, Anderson, Jovanovich, Lamprey, and first year Kiki Karavas picked up the singles wins for the Lynx to earn the 8-1 victory.
The Lynx travel to UMass Boston on Tuesday September 10 for a non-conference clash beginning at 3:30pm.