WOBURN, MA—The host Lynx women's tennis team lost a tough match to the non-conference Saint Joseph College Blue Jays by a score of 5-4. The Lynx fall to 6-6 on the season, while the Blue Jays advance to 5-5.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- The Lynx started out strong in the doubles portion of the evening, winning two out of three matches. Morgan Anderson and Summer Lamprey defeated Dom Carnot amd Emily Kerr 8-2, while Maddie Abbott and Grace Jovanovich took down Jess McAllister and Elaina Griffiths 8-6.
- Abbott and Anderson found success in singles #1 and #2, respectively. Abbott beat McAllister 8-5 and Anderson took down Carnot 8-5.
- The Lynx were not so lucky in the rest of singles as the Blue Jays got all they needed to take home the win.
- St. Joseph's Carolyn Callahan and Elke Moser Melis took down Mary Pulling and Annie Dai by scores of 8-2 for each.
- Lamprey fell to Kerr 8-1, while Jovanovich battled to an 8-6 loss to Griffiths.
The Lynx will host the NAC Conference Tournament on Sunday October 6th. Their first match will be against #3 seed MCLA at 9 AM and the championship match will take place at 3:30 PM or earlier, should the semifinal between #1 Husson and #4 NVU-Lyndon conclude early.