WATERTOWN, MA—The Lesley women's tennis team's season concluded on Wednesday afternoon with a loss in a rescheduled match against Wentworth Institute of Technology, 7-2. The loss gives the Lynx a 7-8 record for the season, while the Leopards finished at 4-8.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- The Leopards swept the doubles portion of the match, though the Lynx did not make it easy for them. Maddie Abbott and Grace Jovanovich went to a tiebreaker against Ali Sollecito and Morgan Collins, but lost 8-7 (7-5). Mary Pulling and Annie Dai also kept it close against Hannah Erickson and CiCi Deakin before falling 8-6.
- Pulling got one of Lesley's two wins on the afternoon after beating Erickson 6-4, 6-3 in singles #5.
- Joselyn Martinez was the Lynx's other winner, going three sets against Deakin in singles #6. Martinez lost the first set 7-5, but pulled out the final two by score of 6-2 and 12-10 to earn the win for Lesley.
- The Leopards took the rest of the singles matches to give them the 7-2 victory. Sollecito defeated Abbott 6-0, 6-4 and Collins beat Summer Lamprey 6-1, 6-2.
- Morgan Anderson and Jovanovich took their matchups to the limit, but both lost in three sets. Anderson was beaten by Liv Deluca 6-4, 5-7, 6-2 and Jovanovich lost to Sam McGibbon 3-6, 6-4, 6-2.