Manchester, NH-- The Lesley men's and women's track and field teams competed at the Penman Relays on April 14th hosted by Southern New Hampshire University. Colby took first place on the men's side with a score of 147, while Assumption College claimed the victory for the women with a score of 138.5. Mike Fleming and Julia Fagundes was Lesley's top finished on the day in their respected events.
INSIDE THE EVENTS:
- Mike Fleming and Eathan Merians both competed in the men's 100 meter dash with Fleming placing 35th with a time of 12.79 and Merians finishing with a time of 14.16.
- Fleming also ran the 200 meter dash, finishing with a time of 25.85. His final competition of the day was the long jump where he placed 20th with a distance of 17-08.25.
- Julia Fagundes on the women's side had the highest finish overall with a 13th place mark in the 400 meter dash with a time of 1:06.92. Kayla Ranere and Caitlin Sugrue was close behind with times of 1:14.12 for Ranere and 1:18.31 for Sugrue.
- Emma De Oliveira, Rachel Piontkewicz, and Kelly Flynn each ran the 100 meter dash with De Oliveira earning the best time of the three Lynx with 15.54. Piontkewicz was close behind in 16.02, followed by Flynn in 19.09.
- Ranere finished 46th with a time of 32.93 in the 200 meter dash, and De Oliveira was just a place behind in 33.03. Sugrue landed a 52nd place finish with a time of 34.20 and Flynn was just behind with a finishing time of 42.10.
- Alex DiMauro had the highest finish of the Lynx in the mile run placing 19th in a time of 5:59.79. Anne Cooper finished the mile in 6:21.43, Nicole Footer placed 32nd with a time of 6:27.29, and Lauren Deschrouer ended in 8:28.11.
- Beth Caronna was the only Lynx runner to compete in the 5000 meter run and finished 18 or 24 with a time of 21:55.83.
Both teams compete next Saturday, April 21 at the Sean Collier Invitational hosted by MIT.