Weston, MA. - Lesley Women's Track & Field program claimed third place in inaugural NECC Track & Field Championship at Regis Stadium on the campus of Regis College on Sunday afternoon. The Lynx collected 39 points on the afternoon to in the accumulations of the NECC results, competing in six different events. All results are among competitors in the NECC.
- The strongest performance came from Katelyn Andrews (Newington, CT.). In the 100m dash, Andrews finished with in fourth place (14.36), while Emma DeOliveria (Wellesley, MA.) followed in the, clocking 14.72 for 6th place. Andrews collected four points, and DeOliveria one, from finishes in 100m dash.
- Andrews would follow up with a third-place finish in the 200m dash (30.07), while DeOliveria placed fifth (30.45) to add eight more points to the total tam scoring. Kayla Ranere (Danbury, CT.), Karyn McEvoy (Quincy, MA.), and Kelly Flynn (Maynard, MA.) closed out the race with times of 30.64 (7th), 34.40 (11th), and 40.64 (12th) respectively.
- In the 400 meter dash, Ranere finished with a time of 1:06.90 for 2nd place, to earn eight points in team scoring.
- Meanwhile, Anne Cooper (Harvard, MA.) finished the 1500 meters in 5:54.87 to finish in 2nd place.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Cooper, DeOliveria, Theresa Pereira (Hopdale, MA.), and Ranere placed second (5:02.18) to collect eight team points.
- In the shot put, Pereira scored two points from her fifth place throw of 8.47 meters. McEvoy placed just behind in seventh with a throw of 6.57 meters.
FINAL TEAM SCORING RESULTS
Female Team Scores
Place School Points
1 Newbury NEWB 222
2 Elms ELMS 62
3 Lesley LESL 39
4 Eastern Nazarene ENC 34