Salem, Mass.-- Host Salem State Vikings rolled past the visiting Lynx squad in three straight sets to earn their second non-conference win over Lesley this season. With the loss Lesley slips to 1-6 on the year, while Salem State improves to 5-4.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Vikings swept the Lynx with set scores of 25-22, 25-15, and 25-17. Newcomer Maile Counts continues to lead the Lynx, executing 6 kills, 10 assists, and 6 digs on the night. Cassidy Wygonik chipped in 5 kills and team best 8 digs. Emily Hennessy led Salem State with 8 kills, followed by Maddi O'Connor with 7. Morgan Adams served up a match high 27 assists, and Samantha Chaisson had 11 digs for the Vikings.
- The opening set was a back and forth battle with both teams exchaging the lead. A service error by the Vikings and a kill by Lynx Senior Ashley Keeney put Lesley up 15-13 halfway through the match.
- After being tied at 20 a piece, the Lynx were on the unfortunate end of some attack errors to give Salem State a two point cushion and the eventual 25-22 set one win.
- Set two saw similar action until the Vikings went on an 11-1 run for a 20-10 lead and never looked back.
- Salem jumped out to a quick four point lead and never let Lesley jump ahead the whole set.
- Lesley gained some advantage off of Vikings miscues but it wasn't enough to close the gap, en route to the final 25-17 match win for Salem State.
Lesley continues its non-conference road stretch tomorrow at St. Joseph's College of Connecticut.