Hartford, Conn.-- Two non-conference foe's prove too strong for the Lynx, as Lesley dropped two decisions Saturday afternoon in a tri-match hosted by Trinity College. With the two losses on the day, Lesley falls to 4-14 on the season.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
Lesley 0, Hamilton 3
- The Continentals swept the Lynx in three straight sets 25-11, 25-11 and 25-10 to give Lesley their first loss of the day.
- Freshman Maile Counts led the offense for Lesley with 8 kills and 9 digs. Ashley Keeney chipped in a team best 12 digs on defense, while Cassidy Wygonik had 9 digs of her own.
- Giuliana Rankin tied Counts with a match high 8 kills for Hamilton. Dorothy Poucher was close behind with 6 kills, and nine other Continentals each added to their offence with kills in the match. Nikki Matsuoka had a match high 13 digs on defense.
- The first set was a close battle early on, before Hamilton spotted a 7-2 run to go up 15-7 and never let the Lynx get within 8 the rest of the way for the 25-11 set one win.
- The Continentals didn't waste any time and jumped out to an early 8-2 lead in the next set. After a kill my Counts to break up the Hamiliton run, Jane Fanning recorded a kill of her own to spark a 6-2 run making it 14-5. Lesley was never able to muster any runs of their own to close the gap, en route to a 25-11 set two loss.
- Lesley earned their first lead of the night early on, 5-3, but three Lynx attack errors and a kill gave the Continentals a 7-5 lead.
- Hamilton closed out the match on a 15-1 run to seal the set three victory and match win.
Lesley 0, Trinity 3
- Trinity College powered past the Lynx in three straight sets, 25-10, 25-12, and 25-9 for the sweep.
- Jillian Russo, Merceidiz Diaz, and Cassidy Wygonik each had two kills for the Lynx, while Wygonik and Ashley Keeney had team high digs at 11 each.
- Hareena Johnson and Wylie Boughton led the Bantams with 10 kills each, and Rachel Underwood was close behind with 9 in the victory. Johnson had a team best 11 digs on defense, while Jessica Yang guided the offense with 32 assists.
- Trinity showed dominance over the Lynx with 15 service aces to Lesley's 0.
Lesley hosts Becker College Monday October 15th for an NECC match up beginning at 7pm.