Cambridge, Mass.—The Lesley Women's Volleyball team honored their two seniors, Ashley Keeney and Cassidy Wygonik on Saturday afternoon when they hosted New England College in their final match of the regular season. Despite one of most competitive matches of the season against a talented Pilgrim team, the Lynx fell 3-1 bringing their overall record to 5-19 and 2-7 in the NECC. The Pilgrims improve to 13-17 overall and 7-2 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- New England College opened up the match with a 25-17 win, but the Lynx came right back to earn a 26-24 set to win to even the score. The Pilgrims closed out the match with set wins of 25-12 and 25-10 en route to the 3-1 victory.
- Maile Counts (11), Cassidy Wygonik (10) and Teresa Imbsweiler (9) combined for 30 of the teams 35 kills in the loss. Counts and Wygonik, along with senior Ashley Keeney each had 12 digs to help battle back for the Lynx. Tallin Goldberg lead the offensive attack setting a match high 32 assists.
- Tihani Ehia had 9 kills and Jada Small added 8 to lead the Pilgrims. Five other Pilgrims had multi kills in the even to disburse the scoring. Meagan Six had a match high 14 digs on defense, while Kenzie Barron was able to execute 8 service aces.
- New England College proved their strength off the serve, executing 18 service aces to Lesley's 5.
- The first two sets saw a competitive back and forth battle with both teams staying within a few points of each other throughout for a 1-1 split after two sets.
- The third set was tied 12-12, until the Pilgrims went on a 13-2 run to close out the set and take momentum into the eventual final set of the match.
- New England opened the fourth set on a 13-0 run and never let the Lynx close the gap for the 25-10 victory.
The NECC Conference office will announce post season seedings and pairings early next week.